Monday, October 18, 2010
1. Do not just go to the hardware store and buy a bunch of crap (who really needs two basil plants?).
2. Do not select a location beneath huge black walnut trees that provide lots of shade and danger in the autumn months.
3. Do not just dig up a patch of grass in the backyard on a whim.
4. Do not take weeks off at a time from watering your garden.
5. Do not plant tomatoes within inches of each other.
I don't have any tips for a successful garden, but at a minimum, I would recommend a smidge more planning before your shovel hits the dirt. Good luck future green thumbs. Buen provecho.